El último traje
At 88, Abraham Bursztein is seeing his place in the world rapidly disappear. His kids have sold his Buenos Aires residence, set him up in a retirement home and are even trying to convince him to amputate his disabled limb. But Abraham survived the Holocaust, made a successful life in a foreign land, and isn’t about to quietly fade away. Instead, he’s planned a trip to the other side of the world. Writer-director Pablo Solarz renders Abraham’s odyssey as much a journey through the past as a geographical one. With its klezmer-driven score, evocative cinematography and fleet pacing, The Last Suit approaches its weighty themes with a light reverence, showing how any trip truly worth taking is a trip that will change us-no matter how far along we are in life’s journey.
Susan Albersheim and Steven Barer in Memory of Eugene Albersheim z’l
Jack and Sharon Micner in loving Memory of Luis Guincher z’l
The Vancouver Holocaust Education Centre
The Ben and Esther Dayson Charitable Foundation
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- Winner: Audience Award - Atlanta Jewish Film Festival Winner: Audience Award, Best Feature Film - Miami Film Festival, 2018
- Winner: Audience Award, Best Narrative Feature - Philadelphia Jewish Film Festival, 2018
- Winner: Audience Award - Wahington DC Jewish Film Festival, 2018
- Winner: Best Narrative Feature - Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival, 2018
- Winner: Best Actor (Miguel Ángel Solá) - Seattle International Jewish Film Festival, 2018
- Nominee: Best Director (Pablo Solarz) - Seattle International Jewish Film Festival, 2018
- Nominee: Best Film - Seattle International Jewish Film Festival, 2018
|Cast||Miguel Ángel Solá, Ángela Molina, Martín Piroyansky|
|Language||Spanish w/English subtitles|