2022 FESTIVAL: Q&A Playlist
The 33rd annual Film Festival was held March 3 to 20, 2022.
Click here to review the films we showed.
The Vancouver Jewish Film Centre (VJFC) is proud to host the longest-running Jewish Film Festival in Canada, showcasing the diversity of Jewish culture, heritage and identity through film.
Since 1988, with the help of our generous community sponsors, we have presented high quality comedies, dramas, thrillers, hot and timely documentaries and whimsical shorts.
The festival is a community-building initiative intended to connect audiences through film and storytelling. According to Robert Albanese, Executive Director of the Vancouver Jewish Film Festival: “While VJFF remains true to its mission of showcasing the diversity of Jewish culture, heritage and identity through film; our festival is fundamentally about building connections among the various communities in Vancouver and celebrating exceptional filmmaking.”
The Festival is usually held at the Norman and Annette Rothstein Theatre and Cineplex Fifth Avenue Cinemas; online in 2021 and 2022.
Past Festival Highlights
Every year we strive to bring you a most entertaining and intriguing experience! Each year’s Festival features:
- Guest filmmakers, directors, writers, producers
- Panel discussion groups and audience participation
- Comedies, narrative features and thought provoking documentaries
- Opening and closing hosted receptions
- Special screenings, receptions and multiple events
- Special screening in honour of the late Peter Oberlander