In this riveting historical drama, 10 political activists (including Nelson Mandela and his inner circle of Black and Jewish supporters) face a possible death sentence after being arrested by the apartheid South African government for conspiracy to commit sabotage in thesummer of 1963. Dutch filmmaker Jean van de Velde skillfully balances a nail-biting political thriller with spectacular courtroom intrigue while paying tribute to the legendary figures who fought to end segregation and corruption in their country.
Saul and Lindsay Isserow
Cecil and Ruth Hershler
Margo Fluker and Barry Sanders
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 years of age attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- Winner: Best Feature Film - Dayton Jewish Film Festival, 2018
- Winner: Best Film - UK Jewish Film Festival, 2017
- Winner: Audience Favorite (Gold Award) - Mill Valley Film Festival, 2017
- Winner: Golden Calf for Best Actor, Peter Muller - Nederlands Film Festival, 2017
- Winner: Golden Calf for Best Script, Jean van de Velde - Nederlands Film Festival 2017
|Director||Jean van de Velde|
|Cast||Peter Paul Muller, Antoinette Louw, Sello Motloung, Sean Venter|
|Language||English, Afrikaans w/English subtitles|