Sustainable Nation follows three individuals who are doing their part to bring sustainable water solutions to an increasingly thirsty planet.
Using solutions developed in water-poor Israel, they are working to change the status quo of a world where one in 10 people lacks access to safe drinking water. – Water is just the beginning. The work of this visionary trio highlights the nexus between food, energy and water and underscores how solving these enormous challenges can help free women, and the world, from life threatening poverty, illness and lack of opportunity.
Sustainable Nation illuminates how fixing global water issues are not only a matter of life and death; it’s the beginning of Tikkun Olam (healing the world.)
Sponsored by: Temple Sholom with Rabbi Dan Moskovitz, Michael and Sally Geller
Guests: Temple Sholom’s Rabbi Dan on the Jewish values of being environmentally responsible as a mitzvah, with Rebecca Hamilton, founder of “Sustainabiliteens” Vancouver teen action group and Humanitarian Award winner, and Julia Hunter, Executive Director of FoodStash, committed to reducing the environmental impact of food waste, bridging the food insecurity gap, and strengthening our community.
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 years of age attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- Boulder Jewish Film Festival 2019
- Seattle Jewish Film Festival 2019
- The Earth Day Film Festival 2019
- Washington Film Festival 2019