Amos Nachoum swam with crocodiles and killer whales, with anacondas and with great white sharks yet one major predator has always eluded him. The legendary wildlife photographer had always dreamed of swimming underwater with a polar bear and capturing it face-to-face on film.
He tried once and barely escaped with his life. Now, as he nears the end of his career, he is determined to give it one last shot. The danger is real, perhaps more real than ever, but this is his last chance to get the picture of a lifetime.
While he is on this journey to the Canadian high Arctic, he will also have to deal with an old and painful memory.
Sponsored by: Lorne Greenberg, Neri and Aaron Tischler
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 years of age attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- Israel Film Festival – Winner Best Documentary Award
- San Francisco Jewish Film Festival –Winner Audience Award 2019
- Gold Coast International Film Festival – Winner Audience Award
- Syracuse International Film Festival – Winner Audience Choice Award
|Country||Israel, USA, Canada|
|Director||Dani Menkin, Yonatan Nir|
|Language||English, Hebrew, Inuktitut w/English subtitles|