Special Guest: Producer and Director Igal Hecht
Minorities make up 20% of the Israel’s population, with the Jewish majority referring to them collectively as “Arabs”. Many in Israel, and around the world, believe this minority to be hostile to the State of Israel. But there are Arabs who see Israel as a worthy place. In this in-depth documentary, we get a peek at individuals within various minority groups who feel connected, and who see their future in Israel. Exploring Christian, Muslim, Druze and Bedouin communities, My Home offers these minorities the chance to speak for themselves and to confirm their place within the modern State of Israel.
Naomi Kronitz and Irv Laskin
Director’s attendance sponsored by:
The Estates of Frank and Rosie Nelson of Abbotsford, BC
• Everyone attending screenings at the Fifth Avenue Cinemas must be 19+ .
• Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
• Please present your 2016 VJFC membership at every screening.
NOTE: ONLINE Sales suspend one hour before showtime.
Festivals and Awards
- Best Documentary Award – Mosaic World Film Festival, USA 2016
- Best Director for a Documentary Film - The Global Cinema Film Festival, USA, 2016
- Swedish International Film Festival, 2016
- Mosaic World Film Festival, USA, 2016
- Ischia Film Festival, Italy, 2016
- Berlin Jewish Film Festival, 2016
- Boston Global Festival, March 2016
|Language||English, Arabic, Hebrew w/English subtitles|