Nadia Kabir is a 20 year-old Arab young woman who has just graduated from the Jewish-Arab girls’ school in Jerusalem. She is having a secret love affair with Nimer, an activist in a Palestinian Liberation Movement. When Nimer is sent to England on assignment, they are secretly married. In England, Nadia realizes the meaning of the step she has taken – severing her ties with her family and beloved mother, as she embraces a life of exile and escape. When Nimer is caught by the authorities, Nadia is left on her own. She realizes that there is no option of returning to Israel; the authorities see her as a terrorist.
Aron and Neri Tischler
Bridget and Alan Sacks
• Everyone attending screenings at the Fifth Avenue Cinemas must be 19+ .
• Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
• Please present your 2016 VJFC membership at every screening.
NOTE: ONLINE Sales suspend one hour before showtime.
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- The Israel Critics’ Forum Award for Best Feature Film, Jerusalem International Film Festival
|Cast||Netta Shpigelman, Oded Leopold, Ali Suliman|
|Language||Hebrew, Arabic w/English subtitles|