Keren Ben Rafael delivers a film that is full of ideas and not without humour on the subject of innocence and childhood irrationality. Rafael proposes that in spite of our desire to grow up and to live our lives, we should strive to keep a hold of and keep alive the years of our youth. Making the most of both the natural décor in which the film is set, not to mention the charisma of lead actress, Joy Reiger, playing the young and fearless girl who dreams of packing her bags and escape her humdrum routine by heading off to Tel Aviv. The film’s pace is smooth, there is no heavy-handedness, only tenderness, empathy and slow-burning beauty.
Nancy Stern and Stephen Schachter
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- Winner: Best Actress (Joy Reiger) International Narrative Feature Film - Tribeca Film Fest 2018
- Winner: FIPRESCI Prize - Jerusalem Film Festival, 2018
- Nominee: Best Israeli Feature - Jerusalem Film Festival, 2018
- Nominee: Best Actress (Joy Reiger) - Israeli Film Academy Awards, 2018
- Nominee: Best Supporting Actor (Michael Aloni) - Israeli Film Academy Awards, 2018
- Nominee: Best Supporting Actress (Evgenia Dodina) - Israeli Film Academy Awards, 2018
- Nominee: Best Cinematography - Israeli Film Academy Awards, 2018
- Nominee: Best International Narrative Feature - Tribeca Film Festival, 2018
|Director||Keren Ben Rafael|
|Cast||Joy Rieger, Michael Aloni, Manuel Elkaslassy|
|Language||Hebrew, Russian w/ English subtitles|