A dramatic clash of ecclesiastical politics and spiritual soul-searching, The Jewish Cardinal is the remarkable true story of Jean-Marie Lustiger (born Aaron), the son of Polish-Jewish immigrants, who converted to Roman Catholicism as a teenager, while maintaining his Jewish Identity.
He later joined the priesthood and quickly rose within the ranks to become the leader of the French church and close personal advisor to Pope Jean Paul II. A maverick outsider, he utilized his dual identity to advance Jewish-Catholic relations, a unique platform that earned him both friends and enemies.
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- Winner - Grand Prix prize Festival de Luchon
- Winner - Grand Prix, Best French TV Drama - Festival de Luchon
- Nominated - Best Film, Best Director, Best Actor - Festival de Monte Carlo
|Director||Ilan Duran Cohen|
|Cast||Laurent Lucas, Aurelien Recoing, Audrey Dana|
|Language||French with English subtitles|