IN WRITER-DIRECTOR MAYSALOUN HAMOUD’S REMARKABLE FEATURE DEBUT, three Palestinian women sharing an apartment in the vibrant heart of Tel Aviv find themselves doing the same balancing act between tradition and modernity, citizenship and culture, fealty and freedom. Arab Israeli women live in a country that considers them not quite Israeli enough, and are part of a culture that views them as not quite Palestinian enough. Layered onto their citizenship conundrum are the inevitable gendered tensions between contemporary and traditional family life. Director Maysaloun Hamoud tells the story of three such women in her remarkable feature film debut In Between, and she does so with ferocity, grace, and inordinate depth of feeling
Neri and Aron Tischler
Matt and Martha Switzer
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 years of age attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- 2017 Nominated for 10 awards by the Israeli Film Academy
- Won - Best Actress - Shaden Kanbura from the Israeli Film Academy
- Won - Best Supporting Actress - Mouana Hawa from the Israeli Film Academy Won - Best Narrative Feature Award - Berkshire International Film Festival
- Won – Best Narrative Award – Maysaloun Hamoud – Cinetopia Film Festival
- Won – Best Debut Feature - Maysaloun Hamoud – Haifa International Film Festival
- Won - Artistic Achievement in an Israeli Feature Film – Mouana Hawa, Sana Jammelieh and Shaden Kanbura - Haifa International Film Festival
|Language||Arabic, Hebrew w/English subtitles|