HARMONIA IS AN AWARD-WINNING AND MUSICALLY ENCHANTING modern retelling of the biblical triangle between the childless Abraham and Sarah and young Hagar. In this adaptation, Sarah is the harpist of the Jerusalem Philharmonic; Abraham is its almighty conductor. When Hagar, a young horn player joins the Orchestra, she bonds with Sarah and a unique friendship evolves between the two women. Hagar, feeling Sarah’s pain from not having children, offers to have a baby for her from Abraham, shaking the thin balance in the family. The biblical adaptation later develops to an emotional clash between the firstborn son Ben, a 12-year-old prodigal pianist, and his two mothers. Harmonia uncovers the metaphoric emotional roots from the viewpoint of the women involved in the ancient conflict between the two peoples living in Jerusalem.
Closing Night Sponsors
Judy and Isaac Thau
Wine Sponsored by Norman Gladstone and Birgit Westergaard
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- Winner of the Audience Award, Shalom Europa, Alsace Festival of Israeli Cinema, France, 2017
- Winner of the University of Nicosia Jury Award, Cyprus Film Days, Cyprus, 2017
- Winner of the Award Best Cinematography, Jerusalem Film Festival, Israel, 2016
- Winner of the Award for Films about Jewish Heritage, Jerusalem Film Festival, Israel, 2016
|Cast||Alon Aboutboul, Tali Sharon, Ali Suliman, Yana Yossef|
|Language||Hebrew and Arabic with English subtitles|
|Genre||Closing Gala, drama, music|