Meira, a young Hasidic housewife and mother, and Félix, a man lost in mourning the recent death of his father, unexpectedly meet at a local bakery in Montreal’s Mile End district. What starts as an innocent friendship becomes more serious as the two wayward strangers find comfort in one another. Maxime Giroux’s film is a poignant tale of self-discovery, a fascinating glimpse into the Hasidic community, and a modern love story.
Nominated in 2016 for 4 Canadian Screen Academy Awards:
- Best Motion Picture
- Achievement in Direction
- Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role – Hadas Yaron
- Achievement in Art Direction
Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Festivals and Awards
- Canada's Academy Award entry for the foreign-language film
- Haifa International Film Festival 2014, Tobias Spencer Award: Maxime Giroux
- RiverRun International Film Festival 2015: Best Cinematography, Best Actress
- Toronto International Film Festival 2014: Best Canadian Feature Film
- Whistler Film Festival 2014, Borsos Competition for Best Canadian Feature: Best Actor, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Feature
|Cast||Martin Dubreuil, Hadas Yaron, Luzer Twersky|
|Language||French, Yiddish, English, Hebrew with English subtitles|