Patagonia, 1960. A German doctor meets an Argentinean family and follows them on a long desert road to a small town where the family will be starting a new life. Eva, Enzo and their three children welcome the doctor into their home and entrust their young daughter, Lilith, to his care, not knowing that they are harboring one of the most dangerous criminals in the world. At the same time, Israeli agents are desperately looking to bring ‘the German Doctor’ to justice.
Based on filmmaker Lucía Puenzo’s fifth novel, the story follows Josef Mengele, the “Angel of Death,” a German SS officer and a physician at the Auschwitz concentration camp, in the years he spent “hiding,” along with many other Nazis, in South America following his escape from Germany. Mengele was considered to be one of WWII’s most heinous Nazi war criminals.
⭐️ SUNDAY FREE MATINEE SERIES ⭐️
DONATIONS GRACIOUSLY ACCEPTED
*DOORS OPEN AT 12:30pm*
Social Distancing in effect
Mask Wearing is Optional
Free underground Parking
Festivals and Awards
- Winner - Best Film, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences of Argentina, 2013
- Winner - Best Film, Argentinean Film Critics Association Awards, 2014
- Winner - Best Director, Argentinean Film Critics Association Awards, 2014
- Winner - Best Director, Havana Film Festival, 2013
- Winner - Best Latin American Film, José María Forqué Awards, 2014
|Cast||Alex Brendemühl, Diego Peretti, Guillermo Pfening|
|Language||Spanish w/English subtitles|