Special Guests: Claire Klein Osipov and Director Haya Newman
Documentary about the life of Canadian Yiddish Soprano, Claire Klein Osipov, whose career spans for over six decades from Toronto to Vancouver. An intimate autobiographical portrait detailing her young life in Depression-era Toronto and how she discovered music, Yiddish music, as a means to escape the immediacies of economic and social hardship of everyday life. Her story tells how she parlayed her interest and joy in singing Yiddish folksongs into a career, performing regularly on CBC Television and Radio as well on various recording labels.
Debbie and Isser Rogowski
Martin and Shelley Osipov
Lisa and Gabe Milton with the grandchildren and great grandchildren
• Everyone attending screenings at the Fifth Avenue Cinemas must be 19+ .
• Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
• Please present your 2016 VJFC membership at every screening.
NOTE: ONLINE Sales suspend one hour before showtime.
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
|Language||English, Yiddish w/English subtitles|