IN 2005, AMERICAN DANCER BOBBI JENE SMITH FOLLOWED VENERATED choreographer Ohad Naharin to Tel Aviv and became a star of his world-famous Batsheva Dance Company. A decade later, she faces a personal and professional crossroads: leaving behind her passionate new love, she heads home in order to branch out on her own solo career with a deeply personal, provocative choreography bound to get viewers talking! With remarkable intimacy and emotional depth, director Elvira Lind charts the journey of a woman finding her place in the world, and the sacrifices she has to make to realize her ambitions. Her incredible choreography pulls no punches just to break down doors – Lind is there with her camera, capturing it all with naked honesty…
“Remarkable … a treatise on art, ambition, long-distance relationships and the struggles to find one’s own voice, the film unfolds with uncommon grace.”
– Screen Daily
WARNING – Contains graphic sexual acts
Robert Albanese and Harriet Frost
Miri and Larry Garaway
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 years of age attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- Best Documentary Feature – Tribeca Film Festival
- Best Cinematography in a Documentary Feature – Tribeca Film Festival
- Best Editing in a Documentary Feature – Tribeca Film Festival
|Country||USA, Israel, Denmark, Sweden|
|Cast||Bobbi Jene Smith,Ohad Naharin, Or Schraiber|