For 30 years we have inspired, connected, educated, and entertained through film.
We showcase the diversity of Jewish culture, heritage and identity through film.
The Vancouver Jewish Film Centre is proud to host the longest running Jewish Film Festival in Canada where we showcase the diversity of Jewish culture, heritage and diversity. We are inclusive, encouraging multi-cultural interaction. We program to appeal to a wide audience base. We present high quality comedies, feature dramas, thrillers, hot and timely documentaries and whimsical shorts. We also run monthly screenings for seniors and join with other community organizations to show entertaining and engaging films throughout the year.
- The Vancouver Jewish Film Centre is responsible for operating in compliance with the Motion Picture Act and Consumer Protection BC.
- To attend a Vancouver Jewish Film Centre film screening (which may not have been classified by Consumer Protection BC), you must be a Vancouver Jewish Film Centre member.
- Membership is by annual subscription and is limited to persons who are 18 years of age or over.
- Only members are permitted to be present at the place where a non-classified film is being exhibited.
- The Vancouver Jewish Film Centre mandate is the encouragement and appreciation of motion pictures as a medium of art, information or education.
Every year we strive to bring you a most entertaining and intriguing experience! Each year’s Festival features:
- Guest filmmakers, directors, writers, producers
- Panel discussion groups and audience participation
- Comedies, narrative features and thought provoking documentaries
- Opening and closing hosted receptions
- Special screenings, receptions and multiple events
- Special screening in honour of the late Peter Oberlander