Read Me First
This year our film festival is being presented entirely online from March 4 at 12PM Pacific Time (PST) until March 14, 2021 at 8PM PST. With the implementation of our first online streaming film festival, we have put together the following information to help make the process as seamless as possible. Please refer to the notes below and the linked documentation to get you started.
Further FAQ here.
Online films have different restrictions around where they can be viewed from: Some films are available only to people viewing from BC, while others are available for viewing across Canada. This is called geo-blocking. If you are planning to view a film from outside of BC, please look for the location restriction on the film’s description page before you buy a ticket.
BUYING A FESTIVAL PASS
This is the simplest and most seamless way to view our films.
- Purchase your pass here.
- Once your purchase is complete, you will be sent your order confirmation with the link to login to your screening portal. (The site is called CineSend and is where our films are streaming from.) NB. Use the same email and password that you used to purchase your Pass.
BUYING A FIVE PACK
- Purchase your 5 pack here.
- Once your purchase is complete, you will be sent an Order Confirmation email.
- To select your 5 films, log back in to your Elevent account here. NB. All films do not have to be selected at once but they MUST be selected in your Elevent account before you can view them on CineSend. Add each film to your cart (there will be a $0 option) and checkout. If you don’t see a $0 option, you are not logged in.
- Once your selection is complete, you will receive a Virtual Access email (starting 11AM, March 4) with a voucher code and link to CineSend where our films are streaming from starting on March 4 at 12 noon PST.
BUYING AN INDIVIDUAL VIRTUAL TICKET
- Purchase your individual ticket here.
- Once your purchase is complete, you will be sent two emails: (1) Your order confirmation & (2) The Virtual Access email (starting 11AM, March 4) with a voucher code and the link to CineSend where our films are streaming from starting on March 4 at 12 noon PST.
Some of our films have Live and/or pre-recorded Q&As with the filmmakers. Look for the applicable button on the film’s viewing page in CineSend to access this content.