Getting your tickets
We have a new system this year, Elevent Ticketing, and this means that most of you will need to register. It’s quick and easy, and will allow us to provide you improved service and followup.
Tickets (singles and from a pack) will be emailed to you. The ticket will be in a PDF file attached to your confirmation email. If you cannot find your tickets we can resend them to you.
- You can simply show us the attachment on your mobile device – no need to bring a printout
- Alternatively, you can bring a printout if this works better for you.
Passes and Memberships still need to be picked up in person:
- in advance at our Peretz Centre office from October 23-27 between 1-7pm
- or once the festival starts at the VJFF box office at the Fifth Avenue Cinemas.
Membership is annual and required by BC law for each person 18 or over attending a VJFF screening. Please have your membership card ready to show as you arrive at the venue.
All screenings at the Fifth Avenue are 19+ only (liquor licence in place) and screenings at the Rothstein are individually rated, see vjff.org for more rating details.
GST will be added to the price of each item upon check out., and a $1 service charge will be added to each order done in person at the VJFF office or by phone.
Please review your selections before checking out as we do not offer exchanges and refunds are only made in cases of technical failure.
Best value: All Access Pass
At $160, our All Access Pass offers the most flexibility and value – but does not guarantee seating. Please check in at least 15 minutes before showtime; after that time, or when we have reached our passholder allotment, you may be asked to join the Standby line. The Opening and Closing Night Galas are included in your pass as is an annual VJFF/VJFC membership. This pass offers access for one person and is not transferable. Due to the liquor licence in place at The Fifth Avenue Cinemas, Pass sales are restricted to those who are 19+. Quantity is limited.
5 Ticket Packs
Senior 65+ $50
STEP 1: Complete the purchase by paying for the ticket pack(s). A confirmation email will be sent.
STEP 2: Fulfill your ticket pack(s) by selecting your tickets one of two ways.
a) Clicking the Fulfill Adult/Senior Ticket Pack button on the Order Complete page.
b) Clicking on the Your Account link provided at the top right in the confirmation email.
You are not required to book your tickets all at once but your seat is not guaranteed until you have booked it. You may book more than one ticket per film but everyone using a senior ticket must be 65+, and everyone using a student ticket must be a student. ID may be requested. The Opening and Closing films (Keep the Change on Nov. 2 and Harmonia on Nov. 12) are not available with ticket packs. Membership is not included in your ticket pack and is required for each person attending.
Senior (65+) $12
Opening or Closing Night Galas (All tickets) $20
Each film in the festival listings has a link for purchasing tickets.
Don’t forget your Festival Membership
An Annual Membership is $2 and is required by BC law for all attendees 18 and over.
Where to buy
Please note, new this year there is a $1 transaction charge for each phone order or in-person order at the VJFF office. No additional charge for tickets purchased at the venue.
- Online 24/7 right up until showtime as long as seats are available. Visa and MC only.
- By phone at (604) 266-0245 Monday – Thursday 11 – 7, until October 31. Visa and MC only. ($1 per order transaction charge for phone orders.)
- In person at the VJFC office in the Peretz Centre, 6184 Ash Street, Monday – Thursday, 11 – 7, until October 31. Visa, MC and cash. ($1 per order transaction charge for in-office orders)
- November 2-9 in the lobby of the Fifth Avenue Cinemas, 2110 Burrard Street at our table. We will open 30 minutes before the start of the fist screening of the day and close 30 minutes after the last screening has started. You will not be able to reach this box office by phone. Visa, MC and cash.
- November 10-12 in the lobby of The Rothstein Theatre, 951 W 41st Ave. We will open 30 minutes before the start of the fist screening of the day and close 30 minutes after the last screening has started. You will not be able to reach this box office by phone. Visa, MC and cash.
November 2 – 9, The Fifth Avenue Cinemas
2110 Burrard Street. All attendees must be 19+.
November 10 – 12, The Norman and Annette Rothstein Theatre
950 W 41st Ave. Open to youth, see film listings for individual ratings.
For more information or assistance:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 604.266.0245