Gidon and Nadine Frame
With skype guest, director Ori Gruder
An eye-opening documentary explaining the concept of sacred seed within the ultra-Orthodox Hasidic Jewish community which considers new life pure if born of “sacred seed”. Filmmaker and narrator Ori Gruder expresses hope that the film would help ultra-Orthodox Jews become better understood. “It’s a first look into a keyhole that needs to be opened more,” he said. Judaism expert Menachem Friedman said this film offers a unique window into the ultra-Orthodox world. “It is about a very intimate subject which nobody talks about”.
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- Winner Award of Excellence, The Accolade Global Film Competition, December 2014
- Krakow International Film Festival, June 2015
- North America Premier- Santa Barbara International Film Festival, February 2015
- Israeli Premier- Jerusalem Jewish Film Festival, December 2014
- The Accolade Global Film Competition, December 2014
- World Premier – The 22ND Raindance Film Festival London, October 2014
|Language||Hebrew with English subtitles|