Stephen and Stephanie Miller
Robert Albanese and Harriet Frost
This compelling documentary film focuses on Gino Bartali, the charismatic Italian sports idol and Tour de France cycling champion, whose role in this history was never revealed in his lifetime. The film also introduces three other characters who were children in Italy under Fascism and each survived World War II thanks to Italians, like Bartali, willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to help strangers escape Nazi persecution. Their personal stories reflect the larger, untold saga of the Italians who courageously saved Jews and other refugees fleeing the Nazis in World War II.
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- Directed by Academy Award® nominee Oren Jacoby (Sister Rose's Passion)
- Laemmle NoHo 7
- Rome International Film Festival 2014
- Hamptons International Film Festival
|Country||Italy, France, Israel, USA|
|Language||Italian & English with English subtitles|