MULTIPLE AWARD WINNING FILM
From the director that brought us “The Concert, Radu Mihaileanu, the magnificent, epic story of an Ethiopian boy who is airlifted from a Sudanese refugee camp to Israel in 1984 during Operation Moses.
Shlomo is plagued by two big secrets: He is neither a Jew nor an orphan, just an African boy who survived and wants, somehow, to fulfill his Ethiopian mother’s parting request that he “go, live, and become.”
Buoyed by a profound and unfaltering motherly love – both in his memory and in the arms of his adoptive mother – he ultimately finds an identity and a happiness all his own.
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
Audience Award and Best Film Award from:
- The Aspen Filmfest,
- Atlanta Jewish Film Festival,
- the Berlin Film Festival
- Cinemania Film Festival
- Copenhagen International Film Festival
- France Lumiere Awards
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- the Vancouver International Film Festival.
|Country||France, Israel, Belgium, Italy|
|Language||Hebrew, French, Amharic w/English subtitles|