David Batist & Gilda Rayburn
Little White Lie tells Lacey Schwartz’s story of growing up in a typical upper-middle-class Jewish household in Woodstock, NY, with loving parents and a strong sense of her Jewish identity – despite the questions from those around her about how a white girl could have such dark skin. She believes her family’s explanation that her looks were inherited from her dark-skinned Sicilian grandfather. But when her parents abruptly split, her gut starts to tell her something different. At eighteen, she finally confronts her mother and learns the truth.
- Please note that as a registered non-profit society, anyone over 18 attending one of our screenings is required to be a member of our society for us to retain our non-profit status.
- Please present your VJFC membership at every screening.
Festivals and Awards
- San Francisco Jewish Film Festival: Closing Night film
- Martha's Vineyard African American Film Festival: Audience Award and Producer's Award
- Teaneck International Film Festival: Best Documentary and Audience Award
- San Diego Jewish Film Festival: Special Award for Excellence
- Tribeca Film Institute: Documentary Creative Promise Award
- Slingshot Award for One of the Most Innovative Jewish Projects
|Director||Lacey Schwartz, James Adolphus|